Gregory B. Scheideman, DDS
Diplomate American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. Scheideman earned his BS in Biology from Texas Christian University, followed by his DDS at Baylor College of Dentistry in 1979. He then completed Parkland Hospital’s three-year residency program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, earning his certificate in 1983. Dr. Scheideman was recognized as a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, following rigorous study and examination.
Dr. Scheideman’s hospital affiliations and privileges include the following:
- Baylor All Saints Hospital
- Cook Children’s Medical Center
- Fort Worth Surgery Center
Throughout his academic and professional career, Dr. Scheideman has consistently been recognized and honored for numerous achievements and contributions:
- Baylor College of Dentistry Odontological Honor Society
- TCU Alumni Board
- TCU Pre Health Advisory Board
- TCU Board of Trustees, ex officio member
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon – Honorary Dental Society
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists
- President – North Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – 1991-1992
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- North Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Texas Dental Association
- Fort Worth District Dental Society
Dr. Scheideman has also published extensively, as cited below. All four publications were submitted in abstract form and oral presentation, and were performed at the appropriate annual meeting of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Cephalometric Analysis of Dentofacial Normals, Scheideman, G.B., Bell, W.H., Liegon, H.:L,, Fuin, R.A., and Reisch, J.S.; AJO, Oct. 1980
- Soft Tissue Changes with Combined Mandibular Setback and Advancement Genioplasty, Scheideman, GB, Legon, H.L., and Bell, W.H.; Journal of Oral Surgery, July 1981
- Wound Healing After Anterior and Posterior Subapical Osteotomy, Scheideman, GB, Kawanura H., Finn, R.A., And Bell, W.J.; Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, June 1985
- Correction of Vertical Maxillary Deficiency; Stability and Soft Tissue Changes, Bell, W.H., And Scheideman, GB, Journal of Oral Surgery, September 1981/li>
In addition to his numerous professional and academic areas of involvement, Dr. Scheideman has consistently been an active part of his community.
- Tarrant County Young Life Committee and Finance Sub-Committee 1986 & 1987
- Fort Worth Opera Board, 1985-1987
- Chairman – Booster Club, All Saints Episcopal School 1997-1998
- President K-Life Fort Worth 2001-2003
- TCU Athletics Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Hobbies and Family:
Dr. Scheideman and wife Sara have been married for over 36 years, and they have three children: Erin, Blaine, and Hannah. They attend church at Christ Chapel. In his free time Dr. Scheideman enjoys bicycling, golf, and flying his Baron.